P. (250) 248-8801
135 Alberni Hwy Box 596
On a quiet no-through street in desirable Berry Point, this sunny and well-maintained home has had many recent upgrades, and is ready to welcome your family. Upstairs, the open-plan living area has a distinctly West Coast appeal, with warm hardwood floors and high ceilings. French doors open to a newly-built tiled covered porch, where you can gaze out over the garden, and listen to the birdsong over break...
Calling all green thumbs! Come bring this beauty back to life. At the end of a quiet, no-through street, this solidly-built family home and detached shop is ready and waiting for your cosmetic updates and garden plans. On almost six acres on a quiet corner of the island, all you can hear are the birds and frogs singing. The yard is largely forested with a small area ready for a garden alongside the house. The...
Rare Hornby Island Opportunity! In a quiet corner of the Sandpiper Beach area is this 1000+ sqft home has everything you need to get started. The original cabin holds the kitchen, eating nook, bath and primary bedroom with french doors opening to a private deck. The addition features a bright and sunny living room with high ceilings and custom welded stairs leading up to a lofted bedroom. Property is on...
Get ready for next summer, and bring your plans to this level, well-treed corner lot in a quiet area of Sandpiper. Within easy walking distance to Sandpiper Beach Community Park or Mt Geoffrey Park, there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, and the Ringside Market and Tribune Bay are less than a ten-minute drive away. The adjacent property with a home, is also available for sale MLS 94...
This semi-oceanfront artist's cottage has it all - magnificent panoramic views, open sunny meadows, cool forest with mossy paths, a sandstone beach to the Northeast and an expansvie, serene frontage Morrison Marsh to the Southwest, all on 5.37 acres with potential for a second home or subdivision. The home itself is thoughtfully designed, with lots of light and artistic touches: handcrafted stained glass, rus...
Good things come in small packages! This one-level cabin is bright, well-built, and well-maintained, with a lovely large yard just steps from Hidden Beach, and easy walking distance to Grassy Point, the Farmer's Market, and endless hiking trails. Enjoy lazy summer afternoons on the back patio, or cozy up by the fire on cooler evenings, this two-bedroom home is wonderful for part- or full-time living. The .57...
Escape to your own private sanctuary with this serene 5.4-acre forest property. Nestled on a no-through street, you'll find a neat and tidy, wheelchair-accessible 1-bedroom cottage waiting to welcome you home. With more than 300 feet of frontage on Morrison Marsh, you'll have endless opportunities for peaceful reflection and outdoor adventures. Watch the birds, and see if you can spot the resident beaver. Clo...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015