P. (250) 248-8801
135 Alberni Hwy Box 596
Semi-oceanfront on 10.75 acres! This spacious home is filled with dramatic ocean and mountain views! With TLC this property offers huge potential, and the current owners have already invested in numerous upgrades: woodstove, heat pump, hot-water tank, foundational improvements, and much more. The newly-renovated B&B suite opened last year, and is already generating thousands of dollars of income; financial re...
Once in a lifetime opportunity! On the silver sands of Whaling Station Bay, this mid-century modern style Westcoast home was custom designed and features high ceilings, one-level living, yellow cedar and artistic details throughout. Unparallelled views from the picture windows in almost every room and a wrap-around deck create the very best in indoor-outdoor living. In a quiet area, the level, .48 acre pr...
Escape to your own private sanctuary with this serene 5.4-acre forest property. Nestled on a no-through street, you'll find a neat and tidy, wheelchair-accessible 1-bedroom cottage waiting to welcome you home. With more than 300 feet of frontage on Morrison Marsh, you'll have endless opportunities for peaceful reflection and outdoor adventures. Watch the birds, and see if you can spot the resident beaver. Clo...
This sunny and recently renovated Qualicum rancher in prestigious Eaglecrest Estates sits on a large and private lot, close to the beach and golf. With five bedrooms plus den, open-plan kitchen/living areas, formal dining room, and expansive sunroom, this home is perfect for large families and those who love entertaining. The current owner has made many major improvements, including opening up the living/...
A quintessential Denman Island oceanview artist's cottage on 5.37 acres, with open sunny meadows, cool forest, and mossy paths leading to Morrison Marsh Nature Reserve. The home is thoughtfully designed, with lots of light, rustic wood interior finishings, and a lovely bay window overlooking the ocean, and is suitable for year-round, low-impact living. The huge, sunny deck even features an outdoor bathtub! Th...
Located in a quiet cul-de-sac near Sandpiper Beach, you will find this well-built, one-level home. The home is constructed of concrete blocks, clad with cedar on the outside and drywall on the inside. This type of construction creates a very quiet interior and a well-insulated climate indoors, in all seasons. The almost ¾ acre lot is extremely private and features mature plantings. There is an expanse of leve...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015